Godot Engine is a free and open source game engine under the very permissive MIT license. The games made with Godot can be exported to multi platforms.
- Innovative design. The engine comes with a visual editor, full of professional tools.
- Develop 2D Games. It is a fully dedicated 2D engine with custom 2D physics engine.
- Develop 3D Games. It supports 3D models and animations from many famous 3D software. Physically-Based Rendering was planned for the end of 2016.
- Animate everything. It has a flexible animation system for animating both 2D and 3D objects.
- Script & debug. Godot supports a Python-like scripting language called GDScript as main script and friendly C++ API to optimize parts of the game or extend any part of the engine. Its built-in editor supports syntax highlighting, real-time parser and code completion.
- Multi-platform editor. The engine can run on Windows, OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and Haiku.
- Multi-platform deploy. Games developed by Godot can deployed to iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, Windows, OS X, Linux, Haiku, and HTML5.
- Collaborate. Godot is designed from the ground for teamwork.
Godot Game Engine Tutorial Series from Gamefromscratch
This video series is a good entry to learn how to make your first game using Godot. You will learn the basics such as installing Godot, using UI, adding a script, loading a font to advanced features such as 2D & 3D physics.
Simple 2D game: Pong
This tutorial will teach you how to make a basic game of Pong. This one introduce new users to basic functionality for 2D Games.
Create a Catch The Egg game in Godot Engine
This tutorial will show you how to make a simple 2D game called “Catch the egg”. The eggs are dropped from the top and players move the basket at the bottom to catch those eggs.
It is an open source tower defense game written in Godot. If you already known the basics, reading this source code can help you understand how to make the game of this genre faster.
Make Gun Shooter Game
It is a game where enemies are spawned on screen and player’s mission is to shoot them down.
Making a Platformer
This video show you the initial steps in making a platformer game. You will learn how to setup character, ground, and 2D physics.
Flappy Bird Clone
A series of videos show how to remake the famous Flappy Bird in Godot.
Pong Game Source Code
This is a demo project for Godot. The game is Pong. Via this source code you can learn about: build on modules (single scenes for ball, pads, gui, …), moving KinematicBody2D with collisions, Area2d and StaticBody2D, connect signals, working with timers, working with groups, pause game, scene loaded in AutoLoad, export variables, export variables with setget, variables with onready, tool mode, CanvasLayer for gui and background, instancing a scene, call_group function.
A video tutorial how to make a quiz game.
Godot Engine: Horror FPS Tutorial
A video shows how to make a 3D first-person shooter.