Last year’s Galaxy Note 7 was a disaster, which forced Samsung to issue a recall for their burning products. That’s why people are looking forward to how Samsung will handle their next flagship, Galaxy Note 8.
|Processor||Samsung Exynos 8895 (global) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (US)|
|Storage||64GB (US) / 128GB / 256GB + microSD|
|Display||6.3-inch SuperAMOLED with Infinity Display and minimal bezels (Dimension: 162.5mm x 74.6mm x 8.5mm)|
|Rear Cameras||Dual 12MP with OIS, and 3x Optical Zoom|
|Colors||Midnight Black, Deepsea Blue, Orchid Gray, Maple Gold|
- Wireless charging and quick charging via USB Type-C
- S Pen
- Iris scanner
- Wireless charging
- Rear fingerprint scanner
- DeX support
- IP68 water and dust certification
- NFC and MST for Samsung Pay
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3D Touch (home button only)
- Always-on display
- Bluetooth 5.0
- LTE Cat. 16
- Samsung Experience 8.5. This is UI that Samsung has been working on. It is an integral part of the company’s take on Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Security. Biometric security features are gaining popularity in the latest smartphones as many of them come equipped with a fingerprint scanner. In addition to the fingerprint scanner, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 packs an extravagant iris scanner and face regconization for improved protection of data.
- Display. The 6.3-inch phablet-sized screen has a mesmerizing display of 1440 x 2960 resolution. Samsung’s AMOLED display is already remarkable, but it has decided to bring its High Dynamic Range technology from its TVs to its smartphones, providing an ostentatious display to the viewers
- Design. The phone has a larger display in a body that feels slimmer in hand but still provides a good grip due to its curved design. The Note 7 features curved screen edges with Infinity Display that enhance the beauty of the device.
- S Pen. Samsung has reintroduced its S Pen with the Galaxy Note 8, and it is better than ever. It has doubled the sensitivity of the S Pen, and it is brimming with features. The S Pen is waterproof along with the body and can record notes without switching on the screen.
- High Performance. The performance of this phone is better than many other phones available in the market. It boasts latest processor, Samsung Exynos 8895 (global) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (US), and 6 GB RAM.
- Battery Life. Battery is downsized to 3300mAH, which is not enough for a smartphone as big as Note 8.
- Awkward fingerprint sensor position. It is put on the right side of main camera, which is a high position for a natural finger touch.